Monday, February 10, 2014

Better Looking = Better Rider?

So, as reported by the New York Times this week, a study of professional cyclists completed by a Swiss biologist has supposedly established a scientific connection between good looks and superior cycling endurance and performance:


(Click HERE to read the NYT Article)

(Click HERE to link to the entire study "A Relationship Between Attractiveness and Performance in Professional Cyclists")

Well, I'm sorry to debunk your years of tireless research Dr. Postma, but, I am living proof that your research isn't worth a hill of beans.  If there was even a shred of truth to your theory, I'd be the most dominant rider on the planet.  I know, I know - I'm pretty good.  However, if there was true proportionality to my stunning good looks, I'd be winning Le Tour annually, on a fixed gear mountain bike.  I mean, come on -- just look at that mug!


AND - as if that wasn't enough, there is the fact that this man IS, in fact, one of the most dominant cyclists on the planet:


Yes, Bradley Wiggins is, truly, the living embodiment of the masculine ideal:


Look out Adam Levine -- this guy is gunning to supplant you from the cover of People Magazine as the "Sexiest Man Alive."

Consider the additional fact that Great Britain (yes, that Great Britain) has dominated the track and the Tour for the past several years and you can put the final nail in the coffin of this dubious study.  I'm sorry Dr. Postma, you can toss around all the high-minded scientific mumbo-jumbo you like, but you just can't argue with ugly . . .

Tune in later this week, Bikeist fans, as we explore the scientific connection between good looks and success as a blogger --
 

No comments:

Post a Comment