Sunday, July 5, 2015

Bikeist vs. The Oregon Coast



Waiting for my connecting flight to Portland where my buddy, Bob, will be picking me up and transporting me to Astoria, OR, where I will begin biking (the entire) Oregon coast tomorrow morning.  Adrenaline is already flowing.  Plan is to do it solo in five days (about 75 miles a day).  Haven't decided yet whether I will blog along the way, but that's part of the beauty of these journeys.  Logistics planning aside, I really try to let the journey just happen.  How the week goes will depend on an incalculable variety of variables dependent upon who I meet, what/when I eat, the weather, my stamina, attractive nuisances and other distractions along the way, etc. --

One of my favorite authors, Cormac McCarthy, likes to write about men heading off alone into the unknown on horseback with few provisions beyond their own wits.  The closest I'll ever get to that is wandering off every so often with my bike (and a charged smart-phone).   I know - not the stuff of novels -- but plenty exciting for me.

If you happen to be along the Oregon coast this week, be sure to wave -- I'll be the guy on the bike!


1 comment:

  1. Antony Gordon fills his pitches for cash and for postponement of reimbursement with moving messages from Torah, including the reprobation it is not allowed to weight individuals for reimbursement

    http://www.lukeford.net

    ReplyDelete